The position of Front of House Server at Gladstone Brewing Co. is an important one, as you are one of the main faces of the brewery. Whether you’re filling a growler or educating people about the difference between Belgian ales, European lagers, and West Coast hop-forward styles – you know people want our beer and you’re going to help get it to them.
From our humble home-brewing beginnings in a garage on Gladstone Avenue in Victoria, BC, Gladstone Brewing Company has since been established as a mainstay of the Comox Valley – a hub of activity, collaboration, and community.
Now with many brews under our belts (and a few awards to show for them!), we feel like we are still just beginning with new ideas constantly in development. We want team mates who want to share their skills to drive us forward. We enjoy supporting each other, sharing our beer (and story) with the public and getting the job done every day.
- Outgoing, and a master of quick, genuine interactions with people
- Energetic and fun to be around
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and self-motivated
- Able to convey your passion for craft beer and get others excited about it
- Able to anticipate and support your teammate’s needs
- A strong communicator
- Serving wage at current provincial standard with inclusion in tip pool
- Possible shifts would primarily be swing shifts (3:30 PM to 11:30 PM) or closing shifts (5:00 PM to 12:30 AM)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reports to Front of House Manager and Night Supervisor
- Sets a high level of service and professionalism for patrons and co-workers
- Excellent knowledge of the brewery’s product as well as our secondary options
- Ability to describe different styles of beers to customers
- Knowledge of out-of-house options (cider, wine, etc) that is served in-house.
- Present yourself in a casual but professional manner in accordance with Gladstone Brewing Co. company policy
- Responsible for following the cleaning, set up, and tear down routine / checklists for the tasting lounge and patio
- Making note of any damage or maintenance issues that involve the patio area, tasting lounge, and washrooms and reporting to FOH Manager
- Being able to foresee, prepare and handle multiple different scenarios
- Setting up serving area that is appropriate for the weather
- Restricting entry of patrons if capacity has been reached
- Extinguishing heated situations and banning of patrons
- Filing nightly log and situation reports
- Minor lifting required when transporting / restocking kegs and cooler beverages.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Prior experience in service industry, particularly dealing with craft beer, is an asset but not a requirement for the right candidate
- Cicerone certification considered a strong asset
Please apply to Sterling Keys in person with resume and cover letter, or by email to email@example.com.