From our humble home-brewing beginnings in a garage on Gladstone Avenue in Victoria, BC, Gladstone Brewing Company has since been established as a mainstay of the Comox Valley – a hub of activity, collaboration, and community.
Now with many brews under our belts (and a few awards to show for them!), we feel like we are still just beginning with new ideas constantly in development. We want team mates who want to share their skills to drive us forward. We enjoy supporting each other, sharing our beer (and story) with the public and getting the job done every day.
The FOH Manager is responsible for all front of house operations including personnel management, customer satisfaction, as well as departmental planning and organizing. The FOH Manager is an integral part of the management team and a representative for the Gladstone Brewing Co. brand, responsible for upholding company values at all times while ensuring our standards of quality service to staff and customers are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances safety regulations of Gladstone Brewing Co., and is accountable for the safety of their team.
- Motivates staff while creating a culture of positivity and accountability.
- Meets regularly with company leadership team to collaborate and facilitate constant communication.
- Schedules and manages FOH employees.
- Works closely with HR to address developing personnel concerns.
- Monitors FOH staff attendance records and corrects any problems.
- Tracks and records FOH staff performance through documentation, performs corrective action if necessary.
- Conducts annual performance reviews to direct reports.
- Partners with HR to recruit and train new employees.
- Submits bi-weekly payroll data for FOH employees, ensures proper splitting and payment of gratuities based on hours worked.
- Forecasts supply needs and cost estimates.
- Orders and maintains stock of supplies and equipment for FOH.
- Manage tasting room beer and apparel inventory levels.
- Ensures the FOH meets all regulations, including safety and sanitary guidelines.
- Works to maintain the restaurant POS system.
- Reconciles and deposits daily cash drawers.
- Works with Marketing/Events team to understand and execute special on-premises events.
- Represents the company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer, client, and employee interactions.
- May use the company vehicle for deliveries and travel.
- Able to work a flexible schedule of nights, days, and weekends, with the possibility of overtime.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Experience in all facets of the Front of House duties
- Class 5 drivers license with 10+ years driving experience
- 5+ years experience in the food and beverage industry, with 3+ years experience in a managerial position
- Minimum Level 1 Cicerone
- Serving it Right Certificate
- A high level of professionalism
- Strong leadership skills with enthusiasm and a passion for hospitality
- Great passion for the brewing industry
- Experience with Square POS system
- Competitive, to be discussed with the ideal candidate
Please apply electronically with resume and coverletter to Alexandra Stephanson at email@example.com.